Tumblr kicked off its #Issues2020 campaign Monday, in which the blogging platform will team up with organizations to create Issue Time videos spotlighting key issues leading up to the 2020 U.S. presidential election.
Nonprofit, nonpartisan voter-registration organization When We All Vote will also provide Tumblr users with resources on registering to vote directly via their dashboards.
The schedule for Issue Time videos follows:
- February: Voting rights, with Black Girls Vote
- April: Mass incarceration and immigration, with 18 Million Rising
- June: Reproductive rights, with Planned Parenthood Action Fund
- July: Gun reform, partner organization to be determined
- August: Climate change, partner organization to be determined
Tumblr said in a blog post, “It’s not too late to make a change. That’s the crux of #Issues2020. The power is in your hands. Whether you’re gearing up for the U.S. presidential election, in the U.K. organizing in your community, engaging with the French Senate elections, following the South Korea legislative elections or participating in any of the many, many elections happening around the globe this year, it’s never too late for civic engagement in your community. At the local, national and global levels, there are ways to make a difference. You can call your political leaders to support or oppose an issue, endorse a candidate, organize a rally, lead a respectful discussion with your friends, volunteer to phone bank and so much more.”