You probably spend a lot of time cultivating valuable connections by prospecting on LinkedIn, and it’s likely that at some point, you’ll want to download those contacts’ information to further nurture those connections.
But how do you do that? Where do you get started when exporting LinkedIn contacts — and then what? Read on for step-by-step directions with helpful, up-to-date screenshots.
How to Export/Download LinkedIn Contacts
- Click the ‘Me’ dropdown menu in the upper right-hand side of your LinkedIn navigation bar.
- Click ‘Settings & Privacy.’
- Click the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Scroll down to ‘Download your data’ which is under the ‘How LinkedIn uses your data’ section.
- Click ‘Download your data.’
- Select the data (in this case, ‘Connections’) you’d like to export. Click ‘Request archive.’
- Click the ‘download it with this link’ prompt in your notification email.
- Click ‘Download archive.’
- Open your .CSV file to access your data.
If you’ve arrived on this page looking for how to export your LinkedIn Contacts into Gmail or how to export your LinkedIn Contacts into Excel, it should be noted that the process is the same to achieve both of these goals.
Your data will be sent to the email address associated with your LinkedIn account. If that account is a Gmail account, LinkedIn will send your data there. We’ll walk through instructions on how to import your LinkedIn Connections into your Gmail account a little later in this post.
To export your LinkedIn Connections into Excel, the process remains the same. Your download will be in .CSV format which can be opened as an Excel document. So, let’s dive into how to export/download LinkedIn Contacts.
1. Click the “Me” dropdown menu in the upper right-hand side of your LinkedIn navigation bar.
2. Click “Settings & Privacy.”
3. Click the “Privacy” tab.
4. Scroll down to “Download your data” which is under the “How LinkedIn uses your data” section.
5. Click “Download your data.”
6. Select the data (in this case, ‘Connections’) you’d like to export. Click “Request archive.”
You’ll see the “Request pending” notification and should receive your export at the email address associated with your LinkedIn account within 10 minutes.
8. Click the “download it with this link” prompt in your notification email
9. Click “Download archive”
10. Open your .CSV file to access your data
How to Import LinkedIn Contacts into Gmail
- Click the ‘Apps’ icon in the top right corner of your Gmail account.
- Click the blue ‘Contacts’ icon.
- Click the ‘Import contacts’ prompt in the middle of your page.
- Select the .CSV file you downloaded from LinkedIn.
- Your connections will automatically populate in the ‘Contacts’ section of your Gmail account.
1. Click the “Apps” icon in the top right corner of your Gmail account.
2. Click the blue “Contacts” icon.
3. Click the “Import contacts” prompt in the middle of your page.
4. Select the .CSV file you downloaded from LinkedIn.
5. Your connections will automatically populate in the “Contacts” section of your Gmail account.
Ready to start exporting your connections from LinkedIn? Of course you are. If you want to expand your LinkedIn skills, check out these LinkedIn Sales Navigator secrets every good prospector needs.